Gender and the Workplace
The Harriet Taylor Mill-Institute of HWR Berlin (HTMI) is pleased to host the first annual DAAD sponsored Ta’raabet conference on gender within the Ta’ziz Partnership, which is part of the scientific collaboration between the Université de Tunis El Manar (UTM) and Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin (HWR Berlin).
The conference will promote the exchange of research on gender topics between academics and students at UTM and HWR. The Topic of this year‘s conference will be „Gender and the Workplace“.
The lectures will all be followed by a Q&A session with the audience and/or exchange with colleagues within the field.
Target goup of the conference are professors, researchers and students at HWR Berlin.
09:00 General Welcome
by Prof. Dr. Andreas Zaby, President of HWR Berlin and Prof. Dr. Samir Abdelhafidh, Director, Department of Economics, UTM
09:30 Introductory lecture
Low-wage work and gender gaps in Germany. Does the minimum wage help?
Dr. Clemens Ohlert, Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Minimum
10:15 Break & informal talk
10:45 First Session
- Gender in the workplace: a closer look at Tunisia
Safa Ben Thabet & Manel Mazioued, UTM
- The role of innovation competence in the gender-stereotypical evaluation of female managers
Florentine März, MBA, Business Innovation und Entrepreneurship, & Prof. Patricia Graf, Professor for Research Methods, Berlin Business and Law School
12:00 Lunch Break
13:30 Second Session
- Women in the marektplace:An empirical study of the gender equity impact on the sustainable economic development in Sub-Saharan African countries
Emna Essadik & Prof. Dr. Arafet Farroukh, UTM
- Experiencing Menopause at Work – Findings from a Nationwide Survey in Germany (HWR Berlin)
Julia Memmert, HWR Berlin
14:50 Third Session
- The mediating role of CSR on the relationship between gender diversity and risk taking
Salma Zaiane, UTM
- Retaining women in Tech: Mentoring as a gender diversity measure
Lilly Dausch, doctoral student and research assistant, HTMI of HWR Berlin
16:00 Closing Remarks
Hier können Sie den Veranstaltungshinweis herunterladen.